.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Popular Post

President's Day Cupcake Mosaic

For those of you who missed out, about 1,800 of us had fun watching Zilly Rosen and her team assemble a 5,900 cupcake mosaic of Presidents Obama and Lincoln at the Smithsonian in DC today (they had a live webcam set up). It was even cooler than it sounds, believe it or not.

(You may remember I featured Zilly's work last November; check out that post here.)

Below are some progress shots taken from the live webcam. They shut off the camera just as I was about to get the final shot, but fortunately Kasey D. was on the scene, and sent me a picture of the finished product. Thanks, Kasey!

Thanks also to Sara K. for the streaming link!

My fav Zilly quote: "Obama's on the left. Appropriate."

Progress shots: 2:50 EST:


3:18 EST:

3:44 EST:4:10 EST:
4:38 EST:

Tada!

Note: I consider Zilly's creations more cupcake "mosaics" than the dreaded cupcake-cake abominations I usually heap disdain upon, so I'm not classifying this as a Wreck: more just an interesting bit of cake news.