.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Popular Post

Sunday Sweets: Gamer Goodness

As you Epbot readers know, I've been playing Ghostbusters and generally geeking/freaking out (once again) about all things Ghostbusters-related this week. Which is why when I saw this first cake I knew today's post would have to be game-themed, just so I'd have an excuse to post it.

The genius! The detail! The ghost-bustin' geekiness!

Made by Lyndsay Shrubb of Ontario

Everything you see here is edible except for the tubing and wand handle. Lyndsay made the wires and ribbon from fruit-by-the-foot and licorice.

Granted, this is one cake where you'd have to be sure to peel the fondant off before eating it (hello, stained teeth!), but that's a small price to pay for such sheer unbridled awesomeness.

Don't worry; I have more goodies, too.

Here's a cute Companion Cube from Portal:

Submitted by Undulattice, made by All About The Cake

Last month I downloaded the free version they made available for the Mac, but I haven't played it yet. Tell me, gamers, is it better on the PS3? Seems like it'd have to be, but I'd love your opinion if you've played it.


Some day I also really want to try Scribblenauts - and not just because this cake is so stinkin' adorable:

Sub'd by Alexandria DB, but I don't have the baker. Anyone know?

Although I admit the cake is helping. ;)


How about a little BioShock?

Ah, Bioshock, home of the oh-so-evil doorways...

This cake is especially inspirational because it's only the 4th fondant cake the baker ever attempted! Yep, futurestar101 is not a pro at all, but look at the amount of detail she achieved in the vending machine. Just amazing.

Here's one for you WOWers:

Sub'd by Natalie and made by nweppler

One of the best World of Warcraft cakes I've seen. I love the 3D lettering.


And finally, something from one of John's favorite games, Halo:

By Mike's Amazing Cakes

It takes a master chef to make a master chief! ;)


Have a geeky Sweet for me? Then e-mail it to Sunday Sweets [at] Cake Wrecks [dot] com.