.:[Double Click To][Close]:.
Popular Post

Bakery PSA

As an insomniac I naturally despise setting the clocks forward for Daylight Savings Time. I mean, suddenly I'm a whole hour lazier than I was before. Granted, the fact that this requires absolutely no effort on my part IS pretty sweet, but still.

Anyway, it occurred to me that we should use this annoying occasion to not only remind everyone to change out the batteries in their smoke detectors, but also to change out any cake displays they may have lying about. You know, in case you have something like this in your living room window:

Those decorations make this an appropriate cake for itself, but thinking about that makes my brain kinda hurt.


Or this:


Looks like something you'd find in the abandoned town of Pripyat, doesn't it? All it needs is a little singed teddy bear lying next to it. So sad.

This Wreck is also the lucky recipient of Jen's Unsolicited Rant of the Day:

"Attention bakery persons: this is a display cake, meant to advertise your product, is it not? Because I could almost forgive the two giant blobby flowers on a soccer cake, the fallen players, and the thick coating of dust, but you know where I draw the line? THE RIBBON. Seriously, you couldn't take an extra 5 seconds to put the ribbon overlap in the back? Really? Do you want me to write an entire sentence in italics? Well, do ya?!?"

Ahem.

They could also use this time to weed out the mysterious stains:


The spelling errors:

(So pretty! And yet...so wrong.)

And I dunno, maybe all the stuff from 1999?

Seriously, guys, it's done its job. Let it go.


Meg M., Sarah C., Alexandra Y., Sarah B., & Erin F., let's party like it's...aw, you know.


*Related Wreckage: The Displays That Time Forgot